Through close engagement of stake holders and policy organisations, we will develop MSPs in 10 case studies for managing risk from natural hazards.
The objectives are to:
- Assess the scope for new forms of MSPs between stake holders using the framework of WP2;
- Test the feasibility of DRR measures/schemes these MSPs can develop, using in particular economic instruments (WP5) and regulatory policy instruments (WP6);
- Evaluate those measures using future risk scenarios from WP3;
- Develop policy relevant knowledge for the enhancement of societal resilience to catastrophic natural hazards at the regional, national, and European level.
The selection of 10 case studies is based on:
- diversity of triggering natural hazards;
- diversity of locations in Europe;
- diversity in geographical scales; and
- variety of MSP types, including those with a primary (but not exclusive) focus on emergency response, risk reduction strategies, or financial partnerships.
All cases include a high level of stake holder engagement and policy relevance and are mutually beneficial for the transfer of knowledge between the science and policy participants.